Withdrawal from Selected Courses

Withdrawals from course sections made after the last to drop (without record) for the academic period but within the beginning two-thirds of the academic period to which the course section belongs are recorded as a non-punitive "W" on a transcript. See the academic calendar for specific course withdrawal deadlines for the various academic periods. Students may submit a petition for withdrawal after the posted deadline to the Student Academic Standards Committee. If the petition is denied and students fail to complete the course section, they will receive "F" grades for unfinished courses. If a student leaves a course without following withdrawal procedures, they automatically receive an "F" grade. (See section on expenses for refund policy.)

When a student has violated University rules, regulations, or policies of an academic nature the student will not be permitted to withdraw from the course.