Transient Course Work

Students desiring to take courses at other institutions must submit a Transient Approval Form to the Office of the Registrar. The Transient Approval Form must be approved by the Office of the Registrar in consultation with the academic department or college of the UF course which the transient course is replacing. Furthermore, the student's advisor will be notified of any approved or denied requests.

Students must submit all transient work to UF within six months of completion otherwise transient work will not be posted to the UF transcript. Students may complete up to 50 percent of the hours required in their major using transfer and/or transient course work.

The University of Findlay reserves the right to deny accepting courses from another institution if course credit has already been earned at UF and to require a student to reapply to UF as a transfer student if absent from UF for more than one semester, excluding summer, unless the student was on a University-approved internship, work study, or study abroad program during that time period.

Approval will be limited to the term for which approval is requested. Normal policy is that any approval given is voided if course work is taken during suspension or dismissal status. Course work that is contained within a course already completed (e.g., pre-calculus after passing Calculus I) will not transfer. Please review the University’s Transfer Credit Policy regarding transfer credit policies.

Any student taking a transient course to apply back to The University of Findlay as a replacement of a previously completed course will have his/her transcript adjusted to reflect zero hours of credit and quality points for The University of Findlay course and only the credit hours from the transient course. Both courses will be flagged on the University transcript as a repeated course and a replacement course respectively.